Counselling & Psychotherapy in Guildford (GU1) & Ripley (GU23) Surrey (UK)
“Wholeness for humans depends on the
ability to own their own shadow”
BSc (Hons) Psychology ⋆ FdA Counselling ⋆ Registered MBACP
I believe in a holistic approach and that counselling can have a beneficial effect on the body's physical health as well as helping cognitively and emotionally.
My postgraduate training includes a one year course on the embodied therapist.
I have also studied on a one year course on attachment and I have a particular interest in how our attachment styles, which are formed in childhood, can influence our "choices", both conscious and unconscious, in our adult relationships.
I have worked with people with the following difficulties:
- Low self esteem and low confidence
- Bereavement and loss including miscarriage and still birth
- Anxiety, depression and low mood
- Stress and feeling overwhelmed by the demands of modern life
- Lack of meaning and purpose in life
- Life transitions e.g. "empty nest syndrome"
- Relationship difficulties including narcissism
- Disordered eating including orthorexia
The counselling I offer can be long or shorter term depending on your needs.
I look forward to hearing from you.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by its Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
Please feel free to contact me directly by email or by telephone: