Counselling & Psychotherapy in
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex
and Online via Zoom
“Wholeness for humans depends on the
ability to own their own shadow”
BSc (Hons) Psychology ⋆ FdA Counselling ⋆ Registered MBACP
I believe in a holistic approach whereby counselling can have a beneficial effect on the body's physical health as well as helping cognitively and emotionally.
My postgraduate training has included a one year course on the embodied therapist.
I have also studied a one year postgraduate course on attachment and I have a particular interest in how our attachment styles, which are formed in childhood, can influence our "choices", both conscious and unconscious, in our adult relationships.
I have also done extensive training in grief work, participating in grief circles, and life, death, rebirth cycles, and transitions in life.
I have an interest in nervous system regulation techniques, “un-conditioning” what society has taught us, letting go and leading more authentic lives. This can arise often out of a big life event or radical change which triggers this process but it always involves courage and I aim to provide support and walk alongside you as you navigate this.
I have worked with people with the following difficulties:
- Grief and loss including the loss of a loved one, the end of a significant relationship, miscarriage, stillbirth, fertility issues, and unexpected loss such as suicide
- Cumulative/complicated grief including collective grief experiences e.g. COVID or grief of environmental issues
- Grief of unmet needs e.g. childless not by choice
- People who grew up with a parent who did not meet their needs
- Neurodiversity, particularly partners of those diagnosed with Autism or Asperger's
- People who identify as HSP (Highly Sensitive Person)
- Life transitions e.g. menopause, empty nest syndrome, separation and divorce
- Finding meaning and purpose in life
- Boundary work and sense of self
The counselling I offer can be long or shorter term depending on your needs.
I look forward to hearing from you.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by its Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.